Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cabinets

When I first toured what is now my apartment, I first noticed that my kitchen leaves a lot to be desired.  It is small and has no counter space.  I have resorted to putting the ironing board down and using it as an island. Its not very pretty, but hey, I'm not picky yet. 
This video shows a relatively easy project to do to fix the no counter space dilemma. Unfortunately I do not have the requred materials to do this project so I am going to use a sink base from Lowe's. With a little stain and some polyurethane it'll be a great addition to a small kitchen. 
Even home improvement projects can be viewed as crafts which is great for me.  It gives me a chance to be less of a girly-girl and get right in the dust and come out smelling like a wood shop.  
When I was littler, my dad made my mom a kitchen hutch that is gigantic.  I got to help sand down the little railing at the top and I thought it was the coolest thing ever!  Since then, I have developed an appreciation for people that can take a blank piece of wood and turn it into something amazing.   


No comments:

Post a Comment