Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cake Decorating


Simple beginners project

One of my favorite shows to watch is probably Cake Boss.  It gives me great ideas for how to decorate cakes and cookies.  I've recently tried to start getting back in to cake decorating as it is a great craft to learn.  It can be used as a cheaper way to do birthday cakes, celebration cakes, or as a great mother-daughter activity in the kitchen. 

The other day, I had a cupcake/cookie decorating party with my sorority.  It got so messy! But I rediscovered my love for cooking and decorating.  It's a great craft to do in big groups or small, as long as you have plenty of towels to clean up afterwards!

I first got in to decorating as a class with 4-H and it made me realize that I could do just about anything if I wanted too.  For anyone that wants to try it, I'd suggest going to Hobby Lobby and getting a couple disposable bags and some tips and couplers (to hold the tips on to the bag), then making a cake and trying it out.  You'd be suprised at how good it can turn out without trying very hard.  With a little luck, you just might find a new way to channel some inner stress or decide that's your new calling in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment