Monday, April 25, 2011

Embroidery

While most embroidery is done nowadays with a computer controlled sewing machine, there are still people that take the time to hand embroider.  To the side is a great example of someone doing hand embroidery.  It takes a firm, steady hand and a lot of patience to do something this large, but I think it's worth it. 
 I used to make different quilt blocks and was quite talented, but after summer ended, so did my summer projects.  When I started up again, I had to rip everything out because it just didn't look quite right.  I had lost my touch. As with most gifts, if you don't use them, you'll end up losing them.  I suggest that if you start a project and find that you're really good at it, keep with it and perfect your skills and show them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment