Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Painting

While not the traditional paper, paint and pretty picture, its the roller, one color and a wall painting.  I am getting ready to paint my apartment and right now I am looking at a wall covered in little white spots from previous holes.  I love painting and doing little home repairs so I guess what better to blog about right now than what I am going to do with my apartment!  Since I am in an apartment, I had to get permission from my landlord to paint and then  get permission for the color.  I got really lucky in the fact that my landlord likes dark colors so I was able to paint a color other than white or ivory.  I think the color is a light brown and is going to look spectacular!
When painting, it is important to get some blue tape and tape whatever you don't want painted.  The last people to paint my apartment didn't care at all what happened and there is paint all over my baseboards.  It looks quite terrible and I spent a whole day using paint thinner to get it off. Its not perfect, but it looks so much better. Tape everything, especially if you aren't sure about it. You can never use too much tape unless you don't put it where it needs to go. Usually it goes around windows, doors, along the ceiling, and baseboards.  The rest of painting is simple, don't get too much paint on your brush because then it will drip, and always use a primer to cover the previous paint. The primer isn't needed if you're using a 2-in-1 primer and color.  Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment