Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Knitting

My first experience with knitting was a complete disaster.  My two sisters took to it like bees to honey. Me, I was all thumbs.  I kept dropping stitches and I was the only person they ever knew to get three rows into a project, snag on something and rip every stitch out.  That was a long time ago and since then, I have just stuck to quilting.  I do wish I could learn how to knit and make a scarf or some mittens, but its just not my thing. 
Knitting is actually quite easy to learn and after ten minutes of instruction, most people could learn to knit a simple scarf.  The general items you would need are knitting needles (the long stick looking things), and some yarn.  For scarfs, I love the feel of the yarn you would use for babies because it is so incredibly soft and very warm.  For people that learn it and are successful, more power to you! As for me and my fingers, I'll stick to something like embroidery or quilting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment