Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stained glass, minus the glass

A couple years ago, I was at a camp and we did work with the stained glass paint.  It looks beautiful and is a simple gift idea for anyone.  I made one for a gift exchange in my sorority and used my schools logo as the central idea.  Using liquid lead and various paints and toothpicks, I was able to create a beautiful piece of art that was relatively cheap. 
Any picture can be turned into a stained glass piece by placing it under a piece of glass or plastic and tracing the outlines with liquid lead.  You must let the lead completely dry before filling it in with colors otherwise the lead will get in the area you want to fill with color.  After the lead is dry, color can be added.  a little goes a long way and can be spread with different paint brushes to create different effects. A toothpick can also be used to blend more than one color together.  The finished effect will look very professional and can be hung in a window to create a beautiful stained glass piece.

2 comments:

  1. I have a comment. What are you doing putting my real stained glass piece on your site under the assumption that it is a "painted piece of glass???" You must be a real fraud, not to mention your took my piece without even asking. Hopefully the public will know not to deal with you.
    Loran Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. She told me to tell you "Sew What"? Lol jk

    But yeah, that is pretty messed up that you would use someone elses work without their permission. Why didn't you post a picture of the work that you mentioned doing in this story? That would have made sense. Or maybe, you didn't post your own work because it doesn't exist.

    ReplyDelete